Rather than focusing on the law exclusively, CTL focuses on a wide range of behaviors to offer a comprehensive learning solution based on realistic business simulations. With simple and sustainable learning models and tools, your leaders will develop skills proven to positively impact your workplace culture, and agency mission.
Civil Treatment® for Leaders – Government leverages proven adult learning methodologies to provide a dynamic, diverse, and experiential learning.
CTL addresses your agency’s most compelling and urgent priorities for creating and maintaining a civil, productive, and inclusive work environment including: welcoming concerns, coaching and managing performance, addressing inappropriate behavior, making employment decisions, and modeling the behaviors that ensure an inclusive work environment.
Civil Treatment for Leaders simulates some of the most important conversations your leaders will have with their people.
Civil Treatment for Leaders – Government is a full day of instruction that can be taught by one of ELI’s professional instructors or your own ELI-certified instructors. ELI® offers an HRCI accredited train-the-trainer certification program.
- Bullying/abusive treatment
- Bystander intervention
- Accountability and performance management
- Duty to Act
- Fair hiring, selection and promotion
- Employee requests for leave and/or accommodation (e.g., ADA, FMLA, religious)
Common Leadership Questions Addressed:
- How do your leaders’ behaviors directly impact the agency’s mission?
- How do your leaders model agency values, and how can they best respond to issues when they come up?
- How do your leaders hold employees accountable and coach effectively for optimal performance?
- How can inappropriate behavior compromise even the most effective leadership practices?
- How do your leaders behave when they learn of an employee complaint?
- How does social media impact today’s workplace, and what is the most effective role for leaders?
U.S. Department of the Interior -Civil Treatment for Leaders Government Training
U.S. Navy – Civil Treatment for Leaders Government Training
“Had a wonderful time getting to know all of you. Amazing training, look forward to working with all of you on Civil Treatment Training.”
Forest Service, SW Region, Civil Treatment® Certification
What Our Clients Have Said:
“I found this [Civil Treatment] class to be much more interesting and stimulating than [our online learning solution] and feel this was a better use of my time than getting this material from a computer.”
“Out of the multiple courses I have taken like this over 25 years, this is absolutely best one! Good course! Good job!”
“As managers…we can be more aware of our treatment of others and how other supervisors are treating their employees. We need to be the solution and not tolerate the existing conditions…”
NPS Toughens Harassment, Discrimination Policies Following Employee Survey
The Interior Department has launched a new zero tolerance policy for harassment and discrimination in its National Park Service workplaces–ranging from cubicle farms to the wide open spaces–after a survey revealed that two-fifths of its employees had experienced that type of misconduct while on the job.
Read the Article
Federal News Radio
Stephen Paskoff was interviewed by Mike Causey on Federal News Radio about the problem of harassment in the workplace. Click here to listen to the interview.